Monday, 12 March 2012

Hello from Hanoi



I'm now in Hanoi, just back from two days on a luxury junk on Halong Bay - that will have to wait for later.
Our sampan
But, I did promise pics from the market in Sa Dec, Vietnam. (We travelled from our big boat via small sampans for our many excursions to shore while in Vietnam.)


On one day, we wandered through this HUGE market which was located on a small river that fed into the Mekong.  


I am just going to post a lot photos and let you see some of the things that I saw (along with some captions.)  I'm sorry that I can't provide the sounds and smells.




As the saying goes - "a picture is worth a thousand words".  My trip to S/E Asia has been wonderful and exciting.  It's not exactly "a walk in the park". I am constantly reminded how fortunate we are to live in conditions where we have access to clean water right out of the many taps that we have in our homes! 


Walking through the market
Market ladies chatting


Eat your greens!
More vegetables!
Don't forget the garlic!!
Buying rice
Rice
More rice
Yes, even more!
OMG - eels!!
This one jumped out just in front of me.  I must have lept about two feet in the air.   All I could think of was snakes which terrify me!!!!!!!!!
Market vendor whose lunch was just delivered to her stall
Lunch
Fresh fish
Dried fish
Mother (with bike helmet) shopping for clothes for her  daughter. (I love the little girl's hair ornaments).  Seems that mothers all around the world are the same when it comes to their little girls.
Yes, you can buy everything at this market!
And, the bottoms also
Don't forget to leave without your lottery ticket!

Well, that's it for now.  Am very happy to be finally "ungrouped" and on my own again.  Will explore Hanoi for the next two days (already did a "group day") before some of us went to Halong Bay.

Then, on to Hong Kong for five days and back to Canada.  More in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment